As every ASF project, Apache ServiceMix regularly reports to the Apache board about the status of the project. Our latest report (March 15th, 2017) is shown below, links to previous reports are available at the bottom of the page.
March 15th, 2017
Apache ServiceMix is a flexible, open-source integration container that
unifies the features and functionality of Apache ActiveMQ, Camel, CXF and
Karaf to provide a complete, enterprise-ready ESB powered by OSGi.
There are no outstanding issues requiring board attention.
The project focus of Apache ServiceMix is the assembly of the integration
container, the actual functionality is being maintained in related projects
like Apache Karaf, Apache CXF, Apache Camel and Apache ActiveMQ.
During the last period we have released the final release 7.0.0 of ServiceMix 7,
which is based on Karaf 4.0.x and includes numerous new features. In the new
period we are going to focus on the further development, stability and maintenance
of ServiceMix 7.
We have also released the version 5.6.3, which was the last scheduled version of
ServiceMix 5, which has been transited to EOL.
We're not expecting too much dependency updates to become available for the 6.1.x,
which is currently the only active branch of ServiceMix 6, but we do plan to keep
our release schedule going with the 6.1.x releases.
During the past period we have also released 4 sets of OSGi bundles and a new release
of Depends Maven Plugin.
We plan to keep a steady release schedule and keep up with new fix releases of our
Our goal for the next months is also to improve the documentation and examples, which
is our still outstanding theme.
Activity on the mailing lists and in JIRA is picking up. We had some new
- Currently 22 PMC members.
- No new PMC members added in the last 3 months
- Last PMC addition was Krzysztof Sobkowiak on Sat Jul 05 2014
Committer base changes
- Currently 50 committers.
- No new committers added in the last 3 months
- Last committer addition was Andrea Cosentino at Sun Mar 13 2016
- Apache ServiceMix Bundles 2016.11 on December 09 2016
- Apache ServiceMix Bundles 2016.12 on January 05 2017
- Apache ServiceMix Bundles 2017.01 on January 21 2017
- Apache ServiceMix 7.0.0 on January 21 2017
- Apache ServiceMix Bundles 2017.02 on February 28 2017
- Apache ServiceMix 5.6.3 on March 01 2017
- Apache ServiceMix Depends Maven Plugin 1.4.0 on March 01 2017
- 96 JIRA tickets created in the last 3 months
- 95 JIRA tickets closed/resolved in the last 3 months
All board reports