December 19th, 2012
Apache ServiceMix is a flexible, open-source integration container that
unifies the features and functionality of Apache ActiveMQ, Camel, CXF and
Karaf to provide a complete, enterprise-ready ESB powered by OSGi.
While we continue to have an active community, we also have lost
some of our momentum now that major parts of the functionality are being
maintained in related projects like Apache Karaf and Apache Camel.
There are no outstanding issues requiring board attention.
No changes since last report.
Since our last board report, we have completed the migration to svnpubsub
for our website and are nearly ready for migrating our distribution area.
Documentation and website remain important working topics.
When releasing OSGi bundles, we are repackaging and wrapping existing
artifacts from other projects. To ensure these changes get donated/
communicated back to the original community, we now require backlinks
to the corresponding issue in the other project.
- Project Naming And Descriptions : Compliant
- Website Navigation Links : Compliant
- Trademark Attributions : Compliant
- Logos and Graphics : Current logo is not compliant
- Project Metadata : Compliant
- ServiceMix Specs 2.1.0 in October
- A set of 18 OSGi bundles in October
- ServiceMix Specs 2.2.0 in December
- A set of 64 OSGi bundles in December (Vote in progress)