September 16th, 2015
Apache ServiceMix is a flexible, open-source integration container that
unifies the features and functionality of Apache ActiveMQ, Camel, CXF and
Karaf to provide a complete, enterprise-ready ESB powered by OSGi.
The project focus of Apache ServiceMix is the assembly of the integration
container, the actual functionality is being maintained in related projects
like Apache Karaf, Apache CXF, Apache Camel and Apache ActiveMQ.
Activity on the mailing lists and in JIRA has been a bit slow over the
summer, but is picking up again now that we're planning to do new releases.
We have released the first release from the new 6.0.x, which is based on
Karaf 3.0.x and includes numerous new features. We have also provided the
users with a new release 5.5.0, based on Karaf 2.4.x and containing upgrades
to the newest dependencies and some new features. We have also released the
next maintenance releases 5.4.1 and 5.1.6 and 3 sets of OSGi bundles.
There are no outstanding issues requiring board attention.
Currently 49 committers and 22 PMC members in the project. No new PMC members
nor committers were added in the last 3 months. Last committer addition was
Wim Verreydt on July 05 2014. Last PMC addition was Krzysztof Sobkowiak on
July 05 2014.
After the 6.0.0 release, our goal for the next period is to make the branch
6.0.x as a new stable line of ServiceMix. We're not expecting too much
dependency updates to become available for the 5.1.x, 5.2.x and 5.3.x branches,
but we do plan to keep our release schedule going with the 5.4.x and 5.5.x
releases. We plan to keep a steady release schedule and keep up with new fix
releases of our dependency projects.
We also plan to start the work on the new ServiceMix 7.x line, which should be
based on Karaf 4.x and will include numerous new features and dependency upgrades.
Our goal for the next months is to improve the documentation and website.
- A set of 77 OSGi bundles on June 19 2015
- Apache ServiceMix 5.1.6 on June 26 2015
- Apache ServiceMix 5.2.2 on June 27 2015
- Apache ServiceMix 6.0.0 on July 08 2015
- A set of 67 OSGi bundles on July 13 2015
- Apache ServiceMix 5.4.1 on July 17 2015
- Apache ServiceMix 5.5.0 on July 18 2015
- A set of 42 OSGi bundles on August 09 2015
Mailing list activity
- 410 subscribers (down -9 in the last 3 months):
- 114 emails sent to list (105 in previous quarter)
- 204 subscribers (up 0 in the last 3 months):
- 110 emails sent to list (163 in previous quarter)
- 7 subscribers (up 0 in the last 3 months):
- 374 emails sent to list (676 in previous quarter)
- 53 subscribers (up 0 in the last 3 months):
- 1623 emails sent to list (1409 in previous period)
- 84 JIRA tickets created in the last 3 months
- 88 JIRA tickets closed/resolved in the last 3 months