This is a work-in-progress - the board report has not yet been submitted.
March 20th, 2013
Apache ServiceMix is a flexible, open-source integration container that
unifies the features and functionality of Apache ActiveMQ, Camel, CXF and
Karaf to provide a complete, enterprise-ready ESB powered by OSGi.
While we continue to have an active community, we also have lost
some of our momentum now that major parts of the functionality are being
maintained in related projects like Apache Karaf and Apache Camel.
There are no outstanding issues requiring board attention.
No changes since last report.
Since our last board report, we have finished the long-awaited 4.5.0
release. We're preparing to release 4.5.1 later this month and have
started working on Apache ServiceMix 5.0.0, in which we are dropping
support for some older technology to allow for a more frequent release
Documentation and website remain important working topics.
- Project Naming And Descriptions : Compliant
- Website Navigation Links : Compliant
- Trademark Attributions : Compliant
- Logos and Graphics : Current logo is not compliant
- Project Metadata : Compliant
- A set of 49 OSGi bundles in January
- Apache ServiceMix 4.5.0 in February
- A set of 18 OSGi bundles in March