June 17th, 2015
Apache ServiceMix is a flexible, open-source integration container that
unifies the features and functionality of Apache ActiveMQ, Camel, CXF and
Karaf to provide a complete, enterprise-ready ESB powered by OSGi.
The project focus of Apache ServiceMix is the assembly of the integration
container, the actual functionality is being maintained in related projects
like Apache Karaf, Apache CXF, Apache Camel and Apache ActiveMQ.
Activity on the mailing lists and in JIRA is picking up. We had some new
contributions and one new contributor filed iCLAs specifically for contributing
to Apache ServiceMix. We also have been giving a talk about ServiceMix during
an Open Source Day conference in Warsaw.
We have released the second preview of ServiceMix 6.0.0, which is based on
Karaf 3.0.x and includes numerous new features. We have also released the next
maintenance release 5.1.5 and the transition releases between 5.1.x and 5.4.x
line. We have also provided 2 sets of OSGi bundles and 1 set of OSGi-fied specs.
There are no outstanding issues requiring board attention.
Currently 49 committers and 22 PMC members in the project. No new PMC members nor
committers were added in the last 3 months. Last committer addition was Wim Verreydt
on July 05 2014. Last PMC addition was Krzysztof Sobkowiak on July 05 2014.
We plan to release the final version of ServiceMix 6 for the beginning of June.
After the 6.0.0 release, the goal will be to make the branch 6.0.x as a new stable line
For the beginning of June we also plan the next stable release 5.4.1 containing minor depenecy
upgrades and bug fixes, and the next release 5.5.0 based on Karaf 2.4.x containing upgrades
to the newest dependencies and some new features. We plan to keep a steady release schedule and
keep up with new fix releases of our dependency projects.
Our goal for the next months is to improve the documentation and website.
- Apache ServiceMix 5.1.5 on March 31 2015
- A set of 76 OSGi bundles on April 02 2015
- A set of 33 OSGi specs on April 11 2015
- Apache ServiceMix 5.2.1 on April 14 2015
- Apache ServiceMix 5.3.2 on April 14 2015
- A set of 61 OSGi bundles on May 09 2015
- Apache ServiceMix 6.0.0.M2 on May 16 2015
Mailing list activity
- 422 subscribers (down -1 in the last 3 months):
- 123 emails sent to list (95 in previous quarter)
- 204 subscribers (down -3 in the last 3 months):
- 162 emails sent to list (134 in previous quarter)
- 7 subscribers (up 0 in the last 3 months):
- 702 emails sent to list (440 in previous quarter)
- 53 subscribers (up 0 in the last 3 months):
- 1409 emails sent to list (1338 in previous period)
- 116 JIRA tickets created in the last 3 months
- 121 JIRA tickets closed/resolved in the last 3 months