December 20th, 2017
Apache ServiceMix is a flexible, open-source integration container that
unifies the features and functionality of Apache ActiveMQ, Camel, CXF and
Karaf to provide a complete, enterprise-ready ESB powered by OSGi.
There are no outstanding issues requiring board attention.
The project focus of Apache ServiceMix is the assembly of the integration
container, the actual functionality is being maintained in related projects
like Apache Karaf, Apache CXF, Apache Camel and Apache ActiveMQ.
- As we have transited the older ServiceMix branches to EOL, we can focus on
further development of ServiceMix 7 and development of new features.
- We have released 3 sets of OSGi bundles
- In the next period we are going to focus on documentation and examples
improvement as it's still outstanding theme.
- Activity on the mailing lists and in JIRA is on the same level like in the last
period. We have lost a lot of our momentum now that major parts of the functionality
are being maintained in related projects like Apache Karaf and Apache Camel.
- We have some new feature proposals.
- Currently 23 PMC members.
- Andrea Cosentino was added to the PMC on Wed Mar 15 2017
Committer base changes
- Currently 50 committers.
- No new committers added in the last 3 months
- Last committer addition was Andrea Cosentino at Sun Mar 13 2016
- Apache ServiceMix Bundles 2017.08 on September 07 2017
- Apache ServiceMix Bundles 2017.10 on October 26 2017
- Apache ServiceMix Bundles 2017.11 on December 05 2017
- 60 JIRA tickets created in the last 3 months
- 62 JIRA tickets closed/resolved in the last 3 months