September 21th, 2016
Apache ServiceMix is a flexible, open-source integration container that
unifies the features and functionality of Apache ActiveMQ, Camel, CXF and
Karaf to provide a complete, enterprise-ready ESB powered by OSGi.
There are no outstanding issues requiring board attention.
The project focus of Apache ServiceMix is the assembly of the integration
container, the actual functionality is being maintained in related projects
like Apache Karaf, Apache CXF, Apache Camel and Apache ActiveMQ.
During the las period we have provided the users with new maintenance releases
(5.5.4, 6.0.4) and new updates 5.6.1 and 6.1.2 from the development branches.
We have also released 3 new OSGi bundle sets.
We have also released the next preview release of ServiceMix 7 (7.0.0.M2). Due to
the lower activity during the last period the final release has been delayed and
we plan to finalize it in this period. We are currently working on upgrades of the
dependencies and fixing issues reported by users for the release 7.0.0.M2.
In the next period we plan to focus on ServiceMix 6 and ServiceMix 7, but we also
expect to provide the maintenance releases for ServiceMix, as long new dependencies
will be available.
Due to summer vacation the activity of the community (mailing lists, JIRA, releases)
has been a bit slower than during the last period.
- Currently 22 PMC members.
- No new PMC members added in the last 3 months
- Last PMC addition was Krzysztof Sobkowiak on Sat Jul 05 2014
Committer base changes
- Currently 50 committers.
- No new committers added in the last 3 months
- Last committer addition was Andrea Cosentino at Sun Mar 13 2016
- Apache ServiceMix 5.5.4 on June 06 2016
- Apache ServiceMix 5.6.1 on June 06 2016
- Apache ServiceMix Bundles 2016.05 on June 07 2016
- Apache ServiceMix 7.0.0.M2 on June 15 2016
- Apache ServiceMix 6.0.4 on July 09 2016
- Apache ServiceMix 6.1.2 on July 09 2016
- Apache ServiceMix Bundles 2016.07 on August 05 2016
- Apache ServiceMix Bundles 2016.08 on August 08 2016
- 71 JIRA tickets created in the last 3 months
- 60 JIRA tickets closed/resolved in the last 3 months