September 19th, 2012
Apache ServiceMix is a flexible, open-source integration container that
unifies the features and functionality of Apache ActiveMQ, Camel, CXF and
Karaf to provide a complete, enterprise-ready ESB powered by OSGi.
While we continue to have an active community with good participation from
users on mailing lists, IRC, and issue reporting in JIRA, we also have lost
some of our momentum now that major parts of the functionality are being
maintained in related projects like Apache Karaf and Apache Camel.
No changes since last report.
Our current objective is to work on a ServiceMix 4.5.0 release - with all
dependency project releases done, we can start working on getting this out.
Documentation and website remain important working topics - we are looking
into the mandatory migration to svnpubsub at the moment.
When releasing OSGi bundles, we are repackaging and wrapping existing
artifacts from other projects. To ensure these changes get donated/
communicated back to the original community, we now require backlinks
to the corresponding issue in the other project.
- Project Naming And Descriptions : Compliant
- Website Navigation Links : Compliant
- Trademark Attributions : Compliant
- Logos and Graphics : Current logo is not compliant
- Project Metadata : Compliant
- ServiceMix Specs 2.0.0 in June
- Apache ServiceMix 3.4.1 release in July
- A set of 31 OSGi bundles in September