March 21st, 2012
While we continue to have an active community with good participation from users on mailing lists, IRC, and issue reporting in Jira,
we also have lost some of our momentum now that major parts of the functionality are being maintained in related projects
like Apache Karaf and Apache Camel.
With the community objectives mentioned below, we want to ensure a new and better focus for the Apache ServiceMix project.
No changes since last report.
Our current objective is to work on a ServiceMix 4.5.0 release.
We keep on working on the documentation and website to ensure both new and existing users are finding their way around the project more easily.
- Project Naming And Descriptions : Compliant
- Website Navigation Links : Compliant
- Trademark Attributions : Non-compliant, will be compliant in new web site.
- Logos and Graphics : Current logo is not compliant, new logo will be compliant
- Project Metadata : Compliant
- ServiceMix 4.4.1 in February
- A set of 23 OSGi bundles in February
- A set of 154 OSGi bundles in January to provide associated sources in the maven repository for ease of debugging
A. Change the Apache ServiceMix Project Chair
WHEREAS, the Board of Directors heretofore appointed Guillaume Nodet
to the office of Vice President, Apache ServiceMix, and
WHEREAS, the Board of Directors is in receipt of the resignation
of Guillaume Nodet from the office of Vice President, Apache ServiceMix,
WHEREAS, the Project Management Committee of the Apache ServiceMix
project has chosen by vote to recommend Gert Vanthienen as the successor
to the post;
NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT RESOLVED, that Guillaume Nodet is relieved and
discharged from the duties and responsibilities of the office
of Vice President, Apache ServiceMix, and
BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED, that Gert Vanthienen be and hereby is
appointed to the office of Vice President, Apache ServiceMix, to
serve in accordance with and subject to the direction of the
Board of Directors and the Bylaws of the Foundation until
death, resignation, retirement, removal or disqualification, or
until a successor is appointed.