September 20th, 2017
Apache ServiceMix is a flexible, open-source integration container that
unifies the features and functionality of Apache ActiveMQ, Camel, CXF and
Karaf to provide a complete, enterprise-ready ESB powered by OSGi.
There are no outstanding issues requiring board attention.
The project focus of Apache ServiceMix is the assembly of the integration
container, the actual functionality is being maintained in related projects
like Apache Karaf, Apache CXF, Apache Camel and Apache ActiveMQ.
- We don't expect any new releases in for dependencies of ServiceMix 6 and
we have transited it in EOL.
- We want currently focus on ServiceMix 7 and upgrading preparing the new
release containing the newest versions of Apache Karaf and Apache Camel.
- We have released 4 sets of OSGi bundles and a new release of ServiceMix Specs.
- We are going to make a small refactoring of ServiceMix features to give them a separate
lifecycle (as ServiceMix Features) and provide better modularity and maintainability of
- We are going to focus more on improvement of the documentation (which was migrated lately
into the Asciidoc format) and improvement of the examples to give people easier start into
integration with ServiceMix.
- Due to summer vacation the activity of the community (mailing lists, JIRA, releases)
has been a bit slower than during the last period.
- Currently 23 PMC members.
- Andrea Cosentino was added to the PMC on Wed Mar 15 2017
Committer base changes
- Currently 50 committers.
- No new committers added in the last 3 months
- Last committer addition was Andrea Cosentino at Sun Mar 13 2016
- Apache ServiceMix Specs 2.9.0 on June 06 2016
- Apache ServiceMix Bundles 2017.05 on June 06 2017
- Apache ServiceMix Bundles 2017.06 on July 09 2017
- Apache ServiceMix Bundles 2017.07 on August 01 2017
- Apache ServiceMix Bundles 2017.08 on September 07 2017
- 106 JIRA tickets created in the last 3 months
- 105 JIRA tickets closed/resolved in the last 3 months