September 19th, 2018
Apache ServiceMix is a flexible, open-source integration container that
unifies the features and functionality of Apache ActiveMQ, Camel, CXF and
Karaf to provide a complete, enterprise-ready ESB powered by OSGi.
There are no outstanding issues requiring board attention.
The project focus of Apache ServiceMix is the assembly of the integration
container, the actual functionality is being maintained in related projects
like Apache Karaf, Apache CXF, Apache Camel and Apache ActiveMQ.
- We have released 3 sets of OSGi bundles.
- Our users are asking for the new ServiceMix release, so we should focus on
preparing the new ServiceMix 7 (or maybe 8) based on the newest versions of
Apache Karaf and Apache Camel.
- We are going to focus more on improvement of the documentation and improvement
of the examples to give people easier start into integration with ServiceMix.
- We should focus during the next perdios on cloud and devops themes to make the
ServiceMix distribution more attractive for users.
- Activity on the mailing lists and in JIRA is on the same level like in the last
period. We had some contributions.
- Our 2 PMC members have stepped down from PMC, because they have been inactive for
a longer time and tehy didn't expect any further contribution from their side. We
acttually don't see any new candidates to be invited to join PMC.
- Currently 22 PMC members.
- Andrea Cosentino was added to the PMC on Wed Mar 15 2017
Committer base changes
- Currently 50 committers.
- No new committers added in the last 3 months
- Last committer addition was Andrea Cosentino at Sun Mar 13 2016
- Apache ServiceMix Bundles 2018.06 on July 10 2018
- Apache ServiceMix Bundles 2018.07 on August 12 2018
- Apache ServiceMix Bundles 2018.08 on September 06 2018
- 51 JIRA tickets created in the last 3 months
- 50 JIRA tickets closed/resolved in the last 3 months