As every ASF project, Apache ServiceMix regularly reports to the Apache board about the status of the project. Our latest report (March 16th, 2016) is shown below, links to previous reports are available at the bottom of the page.
March 16th, 2016
Apache ServiceMix is a flexible, open-source integration container that
unifies the features and functionality of Apache ActiveMQ, Camel, CXF and
Karaf to provide a complete, enterprise-ready ESB powered by OSGi.
The project focus of Apache ServiceMix is the assembly of the integration
container, the actual functionality is being maintained in related projects
like Apache Karaf, Apache CXF, Apache Camel and Apache ActiveMQ.
Activity on the mailing lists and in JIRA has been a bit slow over the year
change, but is picking up again now that we're planning to do new releases.
We had also some new contributions.
We have focused on providing users with latest and greatest technology and
worked on upgrade of Apache Karaf, ActiveMQ, Camel and CXF versions.
During the last period the last maintenance version 5.4.3 has been released.
We have decided to stop further development on the branch 5.4.x. We have also
released the stable releases 5.5.2, 5.5.3 and 6.0.2 and the new release 5.6.0
from the development branch. During this period 4 sets of OSGi bundles and new
Specs has been released too.
We have focused on the development of ServiceMix 7 and released the first preview
of 7.0.0 which is based on Karaf 4.0.0 and includes numerous new features. We are
working now towards a 7.0.0 release. We are fixing first issues reported by users
for the preview release. In the new period we are going to focus on the further
development and stability of ServiceMix 7 to be able to provide the community the
first stable release.
We do plan to keep our release schedule going with the 5.5.x, 5.6.x, 6.0.x and
6.1.x releases. We plan to keep a steady release schedule and keep up with new
fix releases of our dependency projects.
There are no outstanding issues requiring board attention.
Currently 49 committers and 22 PMC members in the project. No new PMC members
nor committers were added in the last 3 months. Last committer addition was
Wim Verreydt on July 05 2014. Last PMC addition was Krzysztof Sobkowiak on
July 05 2014.
- Apache ServiceMix Bundles 2015.11 on December 03 2015
- Apache ServiceMix 5.5.2 on December 17 2015
- Apache ServiceMix 6.0.2 on December 17 2015
- Apache ServiceMix Bundles 2015.12 on January 07 2016
- Apache ServiceMix Specs 2.6.0 on January 25 2016
- Apache ServiceMix Bundles 2016.01 on February 06 2016
- Apache ServiceMix 7.0.0.M1 on February 12 2016
- Apache ServiceMix Bundles on February 18 2016
- Apache ServiceMix 5.4.3 on February 21 2016
- Apache ServiceMix 5.5.3 on February 21 2016
- Apache ServiceMix 5.6.0 on February 21 2016
Mailing list activity
- 420 subscribers (up 4 in the last 3 months):
- 55 emails sent to list (86 in previous quarter)
- 208 subscribers (up 3 in the last 3 months):
- 241 emails sent to list (168 in previous quarter)
- 8 subscribers (up 1 in the last 3 months):
- 766 emails sent to list (483 in previous quarter)
- 56 subscribers (up 2 in the last 3 months):
- 1018 emails sent to list (1415 in previous period)
- 140 JIRA tickets created in the last 3 months
- 127 JIRA tickets closed/resolved in the last 3 months
All board reports