As every ASF project, Apache ServiceMix regularly reports to the Apache board about the status of the project. Our latest report (December 16th, 2015) is shown below, links to previous reports are available at the bottom of the page.
December 16th, 2015
Apache ServiceMix is a flexible, open-source integration container that
unifies the features and functionality of Apache ActiveMQ, Camel, CXF and
Karaf to provide a complete, enterprise-ready ESB powered by OSGi.
The project focus of Apache ServiceMix is the assembly of the integration
container, the actual functionality is being maintained in related projects
like Apache Karaf, Apache CXF, Apache Camel and Apache ActiveMQ.
Activity on the mailing lists and in JIRA is picking up. We had some new
contributions. We also have been giving a talk about ServiceMix during
an 33rd Degree 4charity conference in Wroclaw (Poland).
We have achieved the stability of he ServiceMix 6. The new fix version 6.0.1
has been released. We have also released a new version 6.1.0 containing
upgrades to the newest dependencies and some new features.
During the last period the new maintenance version 5.4.2 and the new stable
version 5.5.1 have been released. We have also decided to stop further
development on the old branches 5.1.x, 5.2.x and 5.3.x.
We have decided to decouple ServiceMix Plugins from ServiceMix 4 code and
maintain them a separate subproject. The source code has been migrated
from svn to git repositoriy. A new fix version 1.3.1 of Maven Depend Plugin
has been released. We have also released 3 sets of OSGi bundles.
There are no outstanding issues requiring board attention.
Currently 49 committers and 22 PMC members in the project. No new PMC members
nor committers were added in the last 3 months. Last committer addition was
Wim Verreydt on July 05 2014. Last PMC addition was Krzysztof Sobkowiak on
July 05 2014.
We're not expecting too much dependency updates to become available for the
5.4.x, but we do plan to keep our release schedule going with the 5.4.x,
5.5.x and 5.6.x (the new development branch) releases. We plan to keep a
steady release schedule and keep up with new fix releases of our dependency
In the new period we are going to focus on the further development, stability
and maintenance of ServiceMix 6.
Our goal for the next period is to start the development of the new ServiceMix
7.x line and release the first stable version from it.
- Apache ServiceMix Bundles 2015.08 on September 15 2015
- Depends Maven Plugin 1.3.0 on September 27 2015
- Apache ServiceMix 5.5.1 on October 28 2015
- Apache ServiceMix 6.0.1 on October 28 2015
- Depends Maven Plugin 1.3.1 on November 02 2015
- Apache ServiceMix Bundles 2015.10 on November 06 2015
- Apache ServiceMix 5.4.2 on November 25 2015
- Apache ServiceMix 6.1.0 on December 01 2015
- Apache ServiceMix Bundles 2015.11 on December 03 2015
Mailing list activity
- 416 subscribers (up 5 in the last 3 months):
- 109 emails sent to list (95 in previous quarter)
- 205 subscribers (up 1 in the last 3 months):
- 194 emails sent to list (112 in previous quarter)
- 7 subscribers (up 0 in the last 3 months):
- 549 emails sent to list (441 in previous quarter)
- 54 subscribers (up 1 in the last 3 months):
- 1838 emails sent to list (1623 in previous period)
- 87 JIRA tickets created in the last 3 months
- 86 JIRA tickets closed/resolved in the last 3 months
All board reports