As every ASF project, Apache ServiceMix regularly reports to the Apache board about the status of the project. Our latest report (June 15th, 2016) is shown below, links to previous reports are available at the bottom of the page.
June 15th, 2016
Apache ServiceMix is a flexible, open-source integration container that
unifies the features and functionality of Apache ActiveMQ, Camel, CXF and
Karaf to provide a complete, enterprise-ready ESB powered by OSGi.
There are no outstanding issues requiring board attention.
The project focus of Apache ServiceMix is the assembly of the integration
container, the actual functionality is being maintained in related projects
like Apache Karaf, Apache CXF, Apache Camel and Apache ActiveMQ.
During the las period we have provided the users with new maintenance releases
(5.5.4, 6.0.3) and new updates 5.6.1 and 6.1.1 from the development branches.
We have also released new OSGi bundle sets and ServiceMix Specs.
We can observe decreasing activity on dependency version used by the 5.5.x and
5.6.x versions, so we expect decreasing activity on ServiceMix 5 next months and
transiting it in 'end of life' state soon.
We plan to focus on ServiceMix 6 and ServiceMix 7 instead, to provide users with
latest and greatest technology and upgrades of Apache Karaf, ActiveMQ, Camel and
CXF versions. We plan to release new versions of ServiceMix 6 next weeks.
We are working on the new ServiceMix 7.0.0.M2 which should be released next days.
During the next period we plan to release the final version of ServiceMix 7 and
return to the work on migration of the documentation.
Activity on the mailing lists and in JIRA has been a bit slow during the last period,
but is picking up again now.
Since our last board report, we voted in 1 new committer, Andrea Cosentino.
- Currently 22 PMC members.
- No new PMC members added in the last 3 months
- Last PMC addition was Krzysztof Sobkowiak on Sat Jul 05 2014
Committer base changes
- Currently 50 committers.
- Andrea Cosentino was added as a committer on Sun Mar 13 2016
- Apache ServiceMix 6.0.3 on March 23 2016
- Apache ServiceMix 6.1.1 on March 23 2016
- Apache ServiceMix Bundles 2016.03 on March 30 2016
- Apache ServiceMix Specs 2.7.0 on April 17 2016
- Apache ServiceMix Bundles 2016.04 on May 03 2016
- Apache ServiceMix 5.5.4 on June 06 2016
- Apache ServiceMix 5.6.1 on June 06 2016
- Apache ServiceMix Bundles 2016.05 on June 07 2016
Mailing list activity
- 420 subscribers (up 1 in the last 3 months):
- 88 emails sent to list (54 in previous quarter)
- 207 subscribers (up 0 in the last 3 months):
- 149 emails sent to list (215 in previous quarter)
- 9 subscribers (up 1 in the last 3 months):
- 615 emails sent to list (699 in previous quarter)
- 57 subscribers (up 1 in the last 3 months):
- 790 emails sent to list (830 in previous period)
- 119 JIRA tickets created in the last 3 months
- 122 JIRA tickets closed/resolved in the last 3 months
All board reports